I read about this happening to pregnant women all the time! It seems like the general public has no idea what to say to a pregnant woman so they comment on her appearance or lifestyle choices in a totally inappropriate manner. I was pregnant with Reagan in Utah, and maybe since there are tons of pregnant women there everyone is a little more respectful but I never had anything rude or out of the ordinary said to me. Not the case this time around! I wish I was quicker and wittier because I always end up just taking whatever was said and not thinking of a good retort until much much later. These aren’t even that bad compared to some things I’ve heard, but they’re all still things I’d think were common sense to not say!
- Woah what did you eat for dinner?!
- Your kids are going to be REALLY close in age, did you think about that beforehand?
- You’re carrying REALLY low (as she looks at me in like this is a bad thing)
- Holy s**t you’re really pregnant!
- Dang girl you’re really looking pregnant aren’t you? Oh I’m sorry was that rude?
- Your second baby is going to be terrible because your first one is so well behaved
- Let’s see how big you are girl!
- How far along are you? (30 weeks) Oh! You still have a loooong time, you look like you’re due much sooner!
I’m not sure when people will learn to never comment on a pregnant woman’s appearance but apparently it’s still okay to do just that! What are some of the worst things people have said to you while pregnant?