1. One thing I’m reading – this book by Janet Evanovich. If you haven’t read the Stephanie Plum series you have got to start! They are so freakin funny, these are the only books that have made me actually lough out loud while reading them. Heads up, the first two are kind of dark, but they start getting funny around the third one.
- One thing I’m eating – we had fajitas for Christmas and now I make sure there’s always meat marinating in the fridge so we can make them weekly! It’s Jared’s mom’s recipe, but the super simple marinade is equal parts Italian dressing and A1 steak sauce. We’ve done both chicken and steak and they’re delicious!
- One thing I’m eyeing – these moccasin slippers from Target. My feet have been freezing at home and I’m wanting some fuzzy slippers to keep them warm!
- One thing I’m wearing – these leggings from Aerie, obviously. They won’t be on clearance much longer so grab a pair (or three) before they’re gone!
- One thing I’m looking forward to – I’m taking the girls to Disney World next month with my family! Reagan has been to Disneyland twice, but now that she knows some of the characters I am so excited to see the magic in her eyes again. And I have a little Minnie Mouse outfit for Elliott so I’m super excited to dress her up in that!
- One thing I’m watching – Jared and I are watching Suits together, and I’ve been rewatching the Gilmore Girls Year in the Life mini series on Netflix.
- One thing I’m proud of – I finished DIYing Reagan’s dresser and bed and even though it was just a new paint job, I’m super happy with how they turned out. I’m basically the laziest DIYer ever, so I was proud that I finished both of these so quickly!
- One thing that has made me happy – I’ve finally got the girls on a pretty regular coordinated nap schedule. Most days I have at least an hour to myself while they both sleep. This has been a long time coming and I’m loving the alone time!
- One thing I’m worried about – health insurance. We had to find new plans for everyone this year and it stresses me out trying to find a plan that will work for all of our needs.
- One healthy thing I’m doing – I started this postpartum workout guide by McCall Williams again and this time it’s sticking! I’ve started it twice before but when I’d miss a day I would start over and then lose steam. Now, I don’t stress about missing a day or two, I just pick up where I left off! So it’s taken me about 2 weeks to get through 6 days of the program, but I’m getting farther along than I ever have before!
I’m all about getting dressed up and going on nice dates, but lets be honest my life right now is all about how comfortable I can be while chasing a toddler and managing a baby who spits up constantly. My wardrobe is featuring more and more leggings, joggers, and sweaters and fewer heels, blouses (do people even use this word anymore?) and skirts. I’ve found that I’m way happier and more comfortable living in these comfy cozy basics and I think my favorite pieces will stay the same for a long time! Here are my top picks for cozy items to grab this winter!
- These plush sleep leggings from Aerie. You probably have them already, but if you don’t they are $12 and SO soft! I only take mine off when I absolutely have to, I have two colors so I always have a clean pair!
- These fuzzy moccasin slippers from Target! Perfect for keeping cold toes warm and less than $20 which is one of the best deals I could find.
- These plush tees from Old Navy. I have both colors and they frequently go on sale for $12 making them a great basic to invest in. I love the stretchy neckline for nursing friendliness, and the long length so I can wear them with leggings.
- These fuzzy mules from Target. I remember thinking these were the ugliest shoe I’d ever seen when I first spotted them but I actually love them! I wear them almost every day (unless it’s raining) and they are holding up really well. The Target brand is the cheapest pair that I could find, if you’re looking for a higher quality version Steve Madden has one as well.
- This sweater from Aerie. I tried this on in store and it is SO freakin soft. Like I couldn’t stop touching it and didn’t want to take it off haha. The ruffle sleeve is really cute, and the material is lightweight making it perfect for layering!
- These leggings from Simple Addiction – I’ve talked about these on my Instagram Stories a lot because they are my favorite basic legging. They are always on sale (sometimes for less than $5!) and they are softer than any other legging I’ve tried (I’m talking about you LulaRoe). They hold up well and have tons of colors and patterns to choose from.
- These tees from Banky Girl Creations. Another shop I talk a lot about, these are my favorite graphic tees and my favorite small shop! The designs are so funny and #momlife, and the material she uses is super soft and comfy. I have a pretty good collection from her already, and I fully intend to add more as they come out!
Microblading has really blown up in the last year or so, and I have been interested in having it done pretty much since I heard about it. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, microblading is “is a form of permanent makeup that provides a means to partially or fully camouflage missing eyebrow hair with the appearance of simulated hair using fine deposits of cosmetic tattoo pigments.” Thank you Wikipedia.
It’s basically semi-permanent make up applied to your eyebrows in a specific stroke pattern to look like real eyebrows. If you’ve seen before and after pics, you know how realistic and impressive this technique is!
As someone who has very light blonde hair (or used to anyway), I’ve never had impressive eyebrows, and I’ve never really known what to do with filling them in. I decided I wanted to take the plunge and try microblading to see the change it would have on my appearance and how I do my make up everyday.
And you guys. I am now hooked! I love my new brows, I love the girl who did them, and I am super excited to share all the deets with you so y’all can go check it out for yourselves! I’m going to form this post as a Q&A, because I received so many questions about getting it done that I think this will be the most informative.
- Where do you get microblading done?
I found Tarin on Instagram and her reviews were incredible. She has a set up in a really nice salon in a good part of town, her room is the cutest and she is really professional and knowledgeable. If you are in San Antonio, I highly recommend going to her. If not, do your research and make sure the person you are going to has up to date licenses from accredited sources, follows all health and safety guidelines, and has previous experience. Tarin was telling me how some states require little to no education to become certified, so make sure you are seeing someone who has taken the effort to really learn and master the skill.
- Does it hurt?
Probably the most asked question–does it hurt?! Microblading is taking a needle to your face, so it’s not surprising that people think this could be a painful experience. Honestly, while it was not completely painless, I don’t think this was bad at all. It definitely hurt less than waxing, so that made it totally worth it to me. At the beginning of my appointment, Tarin applied a numbing cream to my eyebrows and let it sit for a while before starting anything. The first pass across my brows was the worst, but she applied more cream after that and then it wasn’t bad at all. Since I just had a baby, I feel like I’m riding the high pain tolerance train but I don’t think most people would consider this painful.
- How long does it last?
If you take care of your brows and go in for touch ups every year or so, these can last for years! You can still wash your face, go swimming, wear make-up, etc without having to worry about them just washing off. It’s recommended you touch them up every 7-12 months, but the more often you go the less work will have to be done each time!
- Do you still have to pluck?
Unfortunately, yes. Microblading gives the impression of filled in hairs, but it doesn’t stop the ones you have from growing wherever they want. This is not an issue for me, since my lashes are so light and fine I’ll probably only have to pluck them once a month.
- How do you know what to get?
Your artist can help you get the brows you want by drawing and shaping ones before you actually start. I wanted a basic, everyday brow that wouldn’t change my appearance too drastically, but now that I’ve had them for a week I’m thinking I could go bolder eventually! It’s better to start small, you can always add more down the line but you can’t take away once it’s there.
- How much does it cost?
Prices vary, but beware of the person who is offering this service for $100, you will probably get your money’s worth and that’s not a good thing! Tarin normally charges $350 which seems about average, but for the month of October it’s only $300 so take advantage of her special while you can!
- Was it worth it?
I’m not joking when I say that I’ve never had eyebrows. I really like that they add so much to my appearance and that I’ll never have to try to fill them in. For me, this was worth it, and I will definitely be touching them up to make them last as long as possible.
I go in for my 6 week follow up appointment in November, so I’ll keep y’all posted on what goes on then! This is a two part process, and the middle part is not super glamorous as the brows heal and recover so I’m looking forward to getting things finalized in a few weeks!
To book with Tarin in San Antonio, visit her Instagram here.
I’m not usually one for bold patterns, but I was excited to try the fun print on this shift dress from Cuddy Studios! This is non-maternity but the material is stretchy enough to fit over my growing bump and I’m super excited to wear it postpartum when I need the extra wiggle room.
I love the part of San Antonio where we did this shoot! It’s called The Pearl District and is full of these awesome old buildings, really fun planters and greenery, and amazing architecture. It’s definitely more hip and has the downtown feel and makes for some really fun photo shoot spots!
We used to come down here all the time, but it’s been a few months so it was fun to go again as a family. Reagan loved running around all the buildings, playing in the fountains, and chasing the birds. There’s a market that sets up here every weekend and it is huge in the summer; there was live music, free yoga classes, and children’s book readings so there was something for everyone! You can head down to the San Antonio river and if you walk for a couple of miles you hit the downtown riverwalk district which is such a cool part of the city.
Cuddy Studios is offering my readers 50% off their site with code SHOP50, so head over there now to check it out! They have the cutest patterns and bold prints that are so fun for summer!
Hope everyone is having an awesome week, thanks for reading along!
Hey everyone! I’m excited to bring you some fashion related posts over the next few months! I love cute, comfy, clothes and especially pieces that can be work both during and after maternity, and this cute lace top from Cuddy Studios meets all of those qualifications!
Keep in mind that I am a whopping 8 months pregnant, so I ordered this top in one size up and I was definitely pushing the limits but this will be a great postpartum top. The flutter bell sleeves are super flattering and the slight boxy fit looks great paired with skinny jeans or a pencil skirt.
I paired this cute lace top with white maternity jeans and lace up sandals and it felt like the perfect summer outfit. We went to the farmer’s market and had so much fun sampling all the goodies and admiring all the plants, and I’m convinced I need to fill my house with succulents and fig trees!
Cuddy Studios is offering my readers 50% off so you can snag one of these darling tops with code SHOP50. They have some really cute prints and dresses for summer so head over to the site to check them out!
It officially feels like summer in south Texas! I love that the sun is now up when I get up in the morning and still up when I leave work at night. It’s so fun and I just feel so energized when the days are longer and there are so many fun things to be done! Luckily, it hasn’t gotten too hot here yet, so we are really enjoying every second of outdoors time that we can get.
When it starts getting unbearably hot here in a few weeks, I’ll be changing up my already minimal beauty routine to account for lots of time spent in the sun and getting wet in the pool. Here are my must haves for this summer, brought to you by a minimalist beauty user to keep things light and easy all summer long!
- Cute fabric hair ties – pretty sure I’m the last person to try these but they are amazing on my hair! I love that they don’t leave annoying creases so I can throw my hair up when I’m out getting something done and then put it back down when I get back home. I hate doing my hair in the summer (too much extra heat) so these have been great for keeping my hair looking good for as long as possible.
- Maskcara Palette – if you didn’t read my review on Maskcara make-up check it out here. I only wear this on days when I need to look really put together, but I love that the foundation has SPF in it so my fair skinned face is protected from the sun. This make up also doesn’t run or smear in the heat, which is super important when living in San Antonio!
- BB Cream – on days when I just want the lightest coverage, I use BB cream. It also has SPF in it and will stay put all day without needing touch ups.
- Moroccan Magic Lip Balm – these chapsticks are infused with essential oil blends, so they smell and feel amazing on! I suffer from really bad chapped lips year round, and these have been amazing at keeping my lips smooth and hydrated all day. And really, they smell wonderful.
- Rodan and Fields – I’ve never been a product junkie, but these few things from R+F have made a big difference in how my skin and lashes feel. I use the Tripple Defense Treatment in the morning before putting on my foundation (also SPF 30!), and the rejuvenating eye cream and lash boost at night. Everything is very light and I really like only having one product to put on in the morning and two quick ones to use at night. They each take about 15 seconds to apply and leave my skin feeling super moisturized even when it’s dry outside. I’m working on some before and after photos for the lash boost, and I’m excited to show you guys those.
- Waterproof mascara – I’m a drug store make up enthusiast and I haven’t found a better mascara than the Maybelline Great Lash brand. It makes my super fine and thin lashes look full and long and the waterproof works really well, perfect for the splash pad and pool!
That’s it! Pretty basic right? I’m curious to know if you use any of these, and what your go-to products for summer are!
Can you believe that this is the first day that Jared and I have had off of work since New Years Day?! (Reason 1,000 why I started a blog) Longest five months EVER.
Jared has been sick since last week so I thought this weekend was going to be a bust, but it actually turned out pretty well! It was miserably hot and humid on Saturday and Sunday, but Reagan and I made sure to get out to the park for our daily walk and playground time. We spent some time walking around Target looking at all the pretty things in the air conditioning and walked out with just a couple of goodies 🙂
My favorite part of this weekend was dressing up in our America gear and eating chocolate donuts and Squeaky Pops in the blazing heat. Reagan actually cooperated for this photoshoot because she was so focused on eating her treats that she just did whatever we asked her too. So moms of toddlers, there’s your picture taking solution!
I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend with family! We certainly took advantage of our time off and are already looking forward to the 4th of July!
Those of you who follow along on Instagram probably heard about how Jared’s birthday this year was a colossal disaster. I made him a chocolate cake that I make him literally every year, but I forgot to add the baking powder and salt so it was actually terrible. For presents, he got something he already had and two boxes of diapers for the new baby. Needless to say I was determined to make it up to him, and I was so excited when JORD wood watches reached out because I knew that would make the perfect gift for him!
I got Jared the Dover series watch which has a really unique no battery design. It’s super lightweight and comfortable so he’s able to wear it to work everyday which is a big deal for him. He works as a phlebotomist in a doctors office so he’s constantly putting on and taking off gloves, working with different patients, and handling sharp objects so he needed a watch that wouldn’t get in the way. This particular style is really nice because it’s very easy to dress up for date night or church too!
Jared was super excited to receive this watch and I can safely say it made up for the botched cake and presents! If you’re looking for a unique gift for Mothers Day, Father’s Day, or even for graduation or birthdays this is an excellent option! Make sure to enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a $100 e-gift card to JORD Wood Watches, every entry automatically receives a $25 gift card!
Jared’s Watch can be found here.
Okay I am so in LOVE with the graphic tee trend that has come back in full force! And there is no short supply of really cute and sassy mama graphic tees to choose from when selecting your entire wardrobe for spring (because who doesn’t want to wear these everyday?!) I’ve compiled a list of the best graphic tees for moms out there right now, so you can check out these darling shops and get shopping!
1. Mom Life is the Best Life – This tee is from Layered by Cake and let me just say their graphic tee game is on point. The tee runs true to size and the scoop neck can be worn slightly off shoulder or just normal. There’s also this Mom Squad tee I’m crushing on!
2. Mamaste in Bed – As soon as I saw this pullover I knew I had to have it. The funny take on Mamaste in bed made me laugh and everyone else loves it too! The material is super soft and cozy and it fits a little oversized. It’s from the Instagram shop @littlelovestees , they also made Reagan’s shirt that says “mama’s little hip hugger” that I’m obsessed with!
3. #coolmom – Okay what mom doesn’t want to be rocking this?! I wear it all the time because the material is super soft and the tee is a little oversized, making it the comfiest thing I own. Mean Girls is also one of my favorite movies (and the only one I quote all the time) so I was so excited about this one! It’s from Banky Girl Creations and they keep making all the tees that perfectly describe my life. This tee runs a little big, so expect a roomy fit. They also have super cute wine glasses and tumblers if you need some extra sass in your life.
4. Happy tee – I love the font on this tee, and the cute happy message is so fun! Best part of this one is it comes from one of my favorite shops for cute, affordable clothing, Simple Addiction! Their leggings are to die for soft and they have crazy sales all the time, I got this shirt for $4.97!! They still have a couple sizes left so hurry and order! Fits true to size.
5. Messy Hair – This adorable mommy and me set is from Rags and Royal and is on sale for under $20!!! These always sell out fast so be sure to run over and grab one because honestly, what mama doesn’t need this set?! Pay attention when ordering size because they have a unisex and a women’s option and the sizing is a little different for both.
That sums up my faves for right now, I’ll update this post as I find more tees that I love but until then, happy shopping!
We took these pictures last week with the amazing Stacey of Cloverbud Photography in Austin, TX and I am so in love with how they came out. We haven’t had professional photos taken of us as a family of three since Reagan was two months old, so it was really fun having another session done! And I love that this doubled as an early maternity/gender reveal shoot, so we could document this little growing belly and the baby girl inside!
I am absolutely in love with this maternity dress I wore in our pictures. It’s from Pink Blush’s maternity line and they have some of the prettiest dresses I’ve ever seen! It fits super flattering on a growing belly but the wrap style is something I can wear when I’m not pregnant too! The material is so soft and stretchy in all the right places, and I kept telling Jared how pretty I felt wearing it (which is saying a lot since I’m in the awkward belly phase). It was really fun to photograph because it had a lot of movement to it while still being form fitting.
Right now I’m hosting a giveaway on my Instagram (@caseyeanderson) for someone to win a $75 gift card to Pink Blush! Head on over to enter because you are going to love everything in their shop!